me? well...

Every year since I was born, I've gained 10 pounds. At 19, I reached my highest weight ever- 206.4. I developed PCOS and am struggling and determined to get myself back into shape. This is my daily food log. I'm hoping whoever reads it can learn from it, and teach me something in return. We all need friends and motivation at some point.

Friday, November 27, 2009

I'm BACK!!! I missed you all. Major Update! Weight/Skin

Hi everyone!  I know it's been almost a month since I've posted anything, I'm really sorry.

Usually I'm very good with keeping up with everything, but this is my first semester at college and this last month has been hitting me HARD. I never imagined in my life having the amount of work that I have. I literally spend hours at the coffee shop down the street and just do homework and projects, it's crazy.

Luckily though, I have good news- for the most part, I have still been keeping up with my diet (with some changes being made). So far, I've lost 11 pounds! I am down to 195.4 pounds!

A lot of you know that in the beginning of all this, I was getting sooo discouraged because I was eating nothing, working out, drinking a ton of water, and not losing weight. Then I went to the doctor and I got put on Metformin, a blood glucose lowering medicine. It has helped soooo much. My cravings are way down when I take it, and my food DIGESTS it doesn't just sit in my body and turn into fat. I feel like it's upped my metabolism a lot.

So even though I've lost weight, I haven't been working out, simply because I've been so busy with school. However, I've been eating very little and I'm much more aware of what I eat.

The 6 Week Body Makeover diet was a no go. With all the effort I put into it and such little results, I decided against it. I'm the type of person that would rather not eat ANYTHING than eat either the same things everyday and/or really bland, gross food. There is nothing more that I hate than trying to force food down because it's gross, and you still don't want it even though you're really hungry because it's just THAT nasty. I still think it's a great diet but for some reason it just didn't work for me...

Also, acne/tazorac update: my skin looks soooo much better!! If you don't remember, I had really bad acne. On a scale from 1 to 10 it was like a 7. Nothing worked...i tried everything. Then I went to the dermatologist and started Tazorac .1% gel at night, Aczone in the morning, and I am taking Spironolactone (which won't start working for 6 months, though). So here is what happened with the Tazorac...
My skin started improving within 2-3 weeks. It wasn't completely better, but there was deffinetly a different, and people were telling me my skin looked great, so I knew it wasn't just me. Then on week 6-7 maybe, (about a week ago) my skin got SO dry. As a result, I had a pretty bad breakout session for about a week. But now its gone, and my skin is looks like it did on the week 2-3 period. I currently do not have any active "cysts" (or like bigger zits) on my face at all, I have one that is healing, and two little ones that are healing. I still have some blackheads/scaring/whiteheads, but its all very small compared to what my skin used to be.
I highly, highly reccomend this stuff! seriously it is the only thing that has ever worked for me, and just like everyone else, I have tried everything. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

So my skin getting better is a huge, huge plus for me. But something really terrible/scary/weird happened last week, also.
Every night and every morning and whenever I get out of the shower, I put lotion all over my body. As a result, I am very, very aware of the stretch marks I have and where they are/where they end. I woke up one morning, after getting out of the shower and was putting lotion on my arms and I felt something weird on the back of my arm...it felt like little wavy indentations in my skin....i looked in the mirror, and i had stretch marks on the back of my arm. They were NOT there the night before, and who the hell gets stretch marks on somewhere like the back of your arm when you've LOST 11 pounds? what is that?
It gets better...I look down and the stretch marks on my stomach have grown like 3 inches...they are now PAST my bellybutton, almost to my ribs. the weirdest part? my belly isn't even THAT big! with these stretch marks, you would guess that i'd recently had a set of triplets or something. What is going on?
So I had a meltdown....i felt like my body was ripping apart and stretch marks are the scariest, ugliest thing to me. I still don't know whats going on because even though I called my doctors office immediately, they didn't call me back, and now the office is closed for the holiday. But first thing monday morning, they're hearing from me.

Soo....theres the good and bad news I guess. I also just want to say I am so thankful for everyone who reads my blog and gives me support...I hope everything has been going well with all of you, i will do my best to try to catch-up on your posts for the most part to see how yall have been doing! Don't worry, i didn't forget about you!!

Current goal is to try to add some exercise back into my schedule. Not even for losing weight, because i'm not sure if it has an effect on my body like that, but just because I feel better after I exercise. I just got the old stationary bike working again and it's in my room, so i'm gonna go have at it!

xo

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your attentive comment on my blog! I am so glad to hear about your good progress despite your harrowing school workload - that's very impressive. Perplexing about the stretch marks - do let us know what's going on with that when you find out. As for working out, I recently put exercise back on my priority list and joined up with some people on facebook where we pledged $20 towards our goal of working out 3 times per week between now and Christmas. That $20 has been a major reinforcer. No way am I going to not workout and just let my $20 go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're doing well!! Way to go on the weight loss. That skin issue might go away as quickly as it appeared, you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that everything is going well for you! Great job with the weight loss! That is awesome. I'm sorry to hear about the sudden stretch marks, but if you call your doctor's office as soon as you can I'm sure they can tell you what's going on. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Don't quit. Since I've been in college, i've dropped about 20lbs... but it takes dedication... you have to say to yourself " i don't want to do it, but I have to. I'll get up at 5:30 to go work out even though it sucks.. paris hilton and all those women athletes do it, why don't i?" That's the only way I can force myself to do it. OH! by the way I tried metformin, and I started dropping weight instantly, and my PCOS is much better! You're not alone! Keep doing what you're doing. BTW, I started dropping a ton when I left sugar out and ate clean with metformin. Does wonders. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I just discovered your blog, and I admire your power of will.
    I've been over eight since I was 8 and I know exactly how you feel.
    I confess that I didn't read all, but something call my atetion.
    I'm sorry to tell, but little people become fat for no reason. I was 44 pounds over because I eat, a looo-o-o-ot. I'm not saying that's your case (especially because I found your blog right now!), but something that I learned in the process (I still need to loose more 12 pounds), is that eat little is not so good.
    You need to eat healthy and well and every 3 hours. That will make your body get used to always be working and also your stomach understands that he have to survive with that amount of food.. If you never eat or eat too little, your body will make a energy reservation, wich means fat, because it can't relie when it's gonna recieve food again.

    ReplyDelete