me? well...

Every year since I was born, I've gained 10 pounds. At 19, I reached my highest weight ever- 206.4. I developed PCOS and am struggling and determined to get myself back into shape. This is my daily food log. I'm hoping whoever reads it can learn from it, and teach me something in return. We all need friends and motivation at some point.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

I feel like I cheated, but I still did pretty well.

One good thing about being on such a strict diet, is even if you're "cheating", you're probably still not eating very many calories. For example, today I consumed 1,096 calories. It's more than I would consume if I followed this diet 100%, but today I was busy running around and going to class and I had no time to go home and really eat what I was supposed to.

I have also definintely come to the conclusion that mornings are the hardest for me. I wake up CRAVING junk food. I think it's a bad habit, because for years I would always get fast food for breakfast, or starbucks sweet coffee drinks & a muffin, or whatever. So i've got to train my brain back into not thinking like this when I wake up.

This morning was no exception. i woke up craving coffee and crumbleberry cake from starbucks! i knew there was no way i could have that. I went to my dermatologist this morning (more on that later) so i decided to stop in at my favorite restaurant ever, called Just Fresh, and get my favorite wrap- but it's kinda fatty. It's called a Little Red Rooster, and has Roasted Chicken, Lettuce, Tomato, applewood bacon, ham, provolone cheese, and honey dijon vinagrette wrapped in a tomato and basil wrap. I got no cheese, which was saving calories. Just Fresh is a very small chain, and I couldn't find any nutritional info for the sandwhich. So I just did my best guess and searched all the ingredients on calorie count. I also had a chargrilled chicken sandwhich from Chikfila (only 260 calories) and a nonfat caramel machiato iced from starbucks (only 190 calories). I had some grilled chicken and pinapple for a snack, so all in all I didn't do that bad. I mean, it wasn't Six Week Body Makeover friendly, but my calories were less than 1383 (which is my daily limit no matter what).

I also went to the gym today. I could only walk for like 30 minutes though....i was in pain. This medicine is still making me sick. Honestly I'm proud of myself that I even went, because I really was exhausted and didn't feel well. But after reading some of these posts on here, I have had it drilled into my head that even SOME exercise is better than NONE. It's so true. And I feel glad i did it.

So i went to my dermatologist today. My $500 dollar fancy shcmancy antibiotics for my acne are not working. It makes sense though, because my acne is not caused by bacteria- with everything i put on my skin, it very well kept & clean. So  I decided to start taking Spirolacatone (spelled wrong... aka Spiro). It is a diuretic and an androgen blocker. Androgens are the different variations of the male hormone, testosterone, which is what causes my acne. It takes a while, but hopefully it really helps.
I was on the lowest Tazorac cream (.05% cream) so she gave me samples of all the other higher types- ranging from highest to lowest: .05% gel, .1% cream, .1% gel. I'm going to start with the .05% gel tonight and see if it makes a difference. Tazorac SHOULD dry my skin out a little, which is hasn't done, so i'm going to increase the doses slowly until I find what works.


I was doing very well on my diet....and then I ate a bunch of chips & guacamole =( My friends and I made a late night trip to super wal mart and there was soooo many things I wanted to eat there. But I have been craving chips & guac for such a long time, so I opted for that, knowing it would satisfy my cravings instead of eating a bunch of halloween candy that my friends bought. I did eat a little too much though...i'm estimating about 400 calories worth. like 15 chips (which is like 200 calories and 1 1/2 snack packs of guacamole (150 calories all together). I dunno...honestly i'm not too disappointed with what I did. I wish I wouldve eaten less, but I'm happier that I made a healthy choice even though I really wanted to eat an entire bag of reese's pumpkins.


but like i said, this is a lifestyle change! any healthy choice is improvement.

3 comments:

  1. You are doing so great and I am so proud of you! Its always good to fill a craving so it doesnt carry on forever and then you over do it way to much!
    Can I just say I love your blog and the comments you leave! You are always so open and honest!
    Loosing weight has always been my issue but looking at all that you have gone through and seeing how you are so strong helps me to know I can do it So thank you for being open and honest on your blog and being such a great inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm new to your blog, and I really like it! I think that you did very well to ignore your bad cravings and get the wrap instead. The wrap sounds delicious, btw. And great job going to the gym too, especially when you're hurting!
    Also, nonfat caramel macchiato is my go-to drink! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did fine and your day sounds a bit like mine...i usually eat around 1600 calories for the day...the lst two have been lower calorie for some reason...I don't know why. Good for you for going to the gym and walking. Even though you were sick. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete