me? well...

Every year since I was born, I've gained 10 pounds. At 19, I reached my highest weight ever- 206.4. I developed PCOS and am struggling and determined to get myself back into shape. This is my daily food log. I'm hoping whoever reads it can learn from it, and teach me something in return. We all need friends and motivation at some point.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Even when you're too busy to diet, you still have to eat healthy.

College is kicking my ass. I have probably the most absurd paper I have ever written in my life due tomorrow, and i'm still 1/3 of the way done. I have been very busy with school, and other things, and when I get busy, it gets harder to stay on my diet. On the 6 week body makeover, you eat 6 small meals a day, ever 2-3 hours. you can't always bring the food you're supposed to be eating with you (grilled chicken doesn't travel that well...) but at the same time, it's hard to be home every 2-3 hours to eat!


but i've been telling myself lately that, no matter how busy I get, I have to still be healthy. Being busy is not an excuse to be fat, and i'm proud that even though i've been busy, i've eating healthy. I even worked out today! for a full hour! I didn't get to do my body sculpting/ muscle building today, but I still have the rest of the week to do it.

I am going to a PCOS doctor tomorrow. I am SOOO excited!!! I know that i'm not going to go in and be cured, but she is a doctor specializing in PCOS and diabetes, and I have sooo many questions I want to ask her about birth control, metformin, and all that stuff. I'm pretty sure I will start going on metformin tomorrow, after last week only losing 1 pound. For women with PCOS, it can a lot harder to lose weight because of hormones. Access estrogen is stored in your cells, and when its released (when you lose weight), it can screw with your insulin levels (another hormone) and make it harder to lose weight. I dunno. it's complicated. I'm not looking for an easy way out, but they say that metformin makes your body lose weight like normal peoples bodies. So maybe things will be better.

I'll update tomorrow right when I get back from the doctor. Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment