me? well...

Every year since I was born, I've gained 10 pounds. At 19, I reached my highest weight ever- 206.4. I developed PCOS and am struggling and determined to get myself back into shape. This is my daily food log. I'm hoping whoever reads it can learn from it, and teach me something in return. We all need friends and motivation at some point.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Tazorac Update-PCOS Acne Routine

I just wanted to update you guys on my acne routine-
It's been about a week since I started using Tazorac, supposedly the "miracle cream"
last week i used it every other day (like directed) and as of monday, i am putting it on my face every night.

So far, I am really disappointed... I don't see any changes. and I feel like maybe, if anything, my skin might be getting a little worse- not like really worse, but enough to where I can notice. or maybe it's just my brain being a pessimist because I see nothing getting better...

I am on the lowest dose cream (they have 1%, .5%, and .1%, and I am on the .1%). I am on this strength until late november, when I go back to my dermatologist for an update, and probably to get on the 2nd highest strength (they said that's what they normally do on your second visit)

Other things I am on:
Soldyn.. or Sodlyn? a super crazy expensive supposedly ground breaking anti-biotic made especially for acne. It's like over 500 dollars a bottle, and I haven't seen ANY difference. I take it once a day, everyday, and it's almost been a month- nothing. I used to be on doxyclene, and i hated the way it made me feel, but atleast it half-way decently worked.
I use AcZone in the morning. It's just a clear gel that contains dapsone.

My routine:
Morning-
1.wash face with Aveeno Radiance Cleanser (helps get rid of my acne scars)
2. Tone (every other day with Orgins Herbal Toner)
3. Moisturize with Keihl's Brightening Moisturizer (the best moisturizer EVER...helps get rid of my acne scars)
4. Apply a pea size amount of Aczone

Night:
1. Remove makeup (with either makeup remover clothes or babywash)
2. Wash with Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser (but this is about to change...that stuff stings my skin...which is so weird)
3. CeraVea Moisturizing Lotion- just really plain gentle oil-free moisturizer
4. Apply a pea size amount of Tazorac

Also, if i take a shower, I exfoliate with:
Aveeno Brightening Radiance Daily Scrub to exfoliate my skin
Once or Twice a week, I use Kiehl's Rare Earth Face Mask which absorbs oil and cleans poors

I take SUCH good care of my skin guys. I always wash my face. I wear natural makeup. The only bad thing I do is sometimes I pick (so bad, I know) but I feel like I should have SUCH good skin with the way I take care of it. It's so frusturating. i mean, imagine eating only whole grains and fruits and veggies your whole life, but remaining morbidly obese- that's what this feels like.

Gonna give tazorac some more time though. hopefully i'll start seeing results
Let me know if you've ever used Tazorac & the results you've seen PLEASE!! I would love to hear from you

2 comments:

  1. sheesh,
    I am sorry about your acne. My 15 year old has acne but it's just your typical teen acne. That would be really frustrating. I hope that on your next trip to the doctor, the new medicine works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i used tazorac for 2 months before it broke my skin out so much i just stopped and turned to differin and finaca to fix what tazorac had done to my skin

    ReplyDelete