me? well...

Every year since I was born, I've gained 10 pounds. At 19, I reached my highest weight ever- 206.4. I developed PCOS and am struggling and determined to get myself back into shape. This is my daily food log. I'm hoping whoever reads it can learn from it, and teach me something in return. We all need friends and motivation at some point.

Friday, October 23, 2009

I'm Going to Beat This!

Yesterday was very scary. It was a lot of emotion and fear that I didn't know how to deal with. Also yesterday, I got in a huge fight with my parents. I was trying to explain to them what I was going through with PCOS, and especially trying to explain that to my dad is like, impossible. The thing is, no matter how much I tell them what I'm going through, it is frusterating to know that they will never, ever really know what I'm dealing with because they do not have PCOS. They aren't living this, and fighting this every second of every day.

Yesterday was bad. I really, really wish I had some Lush Cosmetics Bubble Bars so I could have taken a bubble bath yesterday. But I didn't. And I'm still okay.

I woke up this morning realizing I was getting ahead of myself. My doctor didn't say I have cushing's sydrome, she said that I MIGHT have it. I am not going to getting upset & worried over nothing. I am not going to let it effect my diet.

And the most important thing I realized? Regardless of what's wrong with me, my weight and my health are going to directly effect it. The healthier and more weight i lose, the better I will feel, the healthier I will be.

I am back on my diet and doing well. I'm going to "deep clean" my room (which is my form of detoxing) and clear my head. I'm going back to the gym and doing my muscle training later.

I know I've got to keep going. And I will not stop. Even if I don't lose a pound. I will keep going.

Oh, also, today is my first day on Metformin. Makes me not want to put any food in my mouth. makes me kind of nauseous. But I have to eat to keep my metabolism up, but hopefully this will help with my body acting so out of wack, and it supposedly helps weight loss for women with PCOS.

2 comments:

  1. wow congratulations on getting yourself over your hump. It's hard when you can't even get your parents on board. ugh.
    Well, as a reader of your blog and a mother to two daughters I would like to say,
    Good for you hon. What a great attitude you have and you should be proud of yourself. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job with the self talk and knowing that you can do this!! It may be very hard and tough at time but so worth it! I think those of us that work hard for our health and happiness appreciate it so much more! I know you can do it! You are very strong

    ReplyDelete