me? well...

Every year since I was born, I've gained 10 pounds. At 19, I reached my highest weight ever- 206.4. I developed PCOS and am struggling and determined to get myself back into shape. This is my daily food log. I'm hoping whoever reads it can learn from it, and teach me something in return. We all need friends and motivation at some point.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

First Day of Tazorac-Acne Review

So, for all of you lucky gals like me out there who have PCOS, you are more than familiar with the wonderful symptom known as ACNE. Our acne is hormonal, so it is super super super hard to get rid of. No matter how clean your skin gets, your hormone levels and causing your glands to secrete a lot more oil than it should. As my derm says, it's under the skin.

So currently i am taking Soldyn, an antibiotic made just for acne. She also gave me Tazorac, a retin-a type cream that is supposedly the latest and best product. I was very very hestitant to try it, because there's a pretty big chance your acne gets worse before it gets better. I can deal with Acne getting worse for about a week, it is already pretty bad now, but I scar SO easily and that was what worried me. But after reading some reviews on Acne.org, I found out that Tazorac supposedly really really helps acne scars! It dries out and peels your skin, which supposedly really helps for the scars/hyperpigmentation

So yes, even though I am scared of my face possibly getting worse for a short period of time, it seems that that time isn't a very LONG amount of time, and honestly, I can just play sick for a week or whatever if it comes down to it. I figure it's better than taking accutane, which has some scary side effects and supposedly doesn't help that much with scars and makes your hair fall out (which is what I was really concerned about, since hair loss is already a side effect of PCOS).

I've read some really good things, so I'm excited. I'm starting with every other day, then next week I'll go to everyday. It's a 12 week program to get full results, and I will be keeping you updated!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I need to get tested for PCOS. Im scared now but Im starting to think I have it...

    Im glad that you seem to have a great med for acne though and that it wont be leaving any scars.

    ReplyDelete