me? well...

Every year since I was born, I've gained 10 pounds. At 19, I reached my highest weight ever- 206.4. I developed PCOS and am struggling and determined to get myself back into shape. This is my daily food log. I'm hoping whoever reads it can learn from it, and teach me something in return. We all need friends and motivation at some point.

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 4, and I'm starting to really like cardio!

As you can see from my previous post, i had a slight break down yesterday when I realized what I ate. But I promised myself that this morning I was going to wake up and brush it off (tomorrow is another day) and that's just what I did.

I went to the gym and walked between 2.6-2.8 mph for 60 minutes. I really liked it. It didn't hurt, I felt like I was releasing energy, and I wasn't straining myself. I always HATED working out, I think because for so long it was like almost painful. I used to be more of an athlete, and varsity tennis practices are really intense. Now I know that to keep my heartrate at fat burning level (110-131 for my age) I know that it doesn't have to be like that. I feel enlightened.

So my words of encouragement is this- just go for a walk! walking for an hour, especially if you're watching tv on the treadmill, is super easy and healthy to do. I didn't get sweaty to the point where I feel like I have to shower again (another reason I hated working out). You don't have to kill yourself at the gym in order to stay healthy. Seriously.

I'm about to go get some fruit, more veggies, and possibly some shrimp & flounder at whole foods. Going to make some pumpkin-oatmeal muffins that are plan friendly.
Also about to go do my Day 2 of the Body Sculpting Plan. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. This whole experience is so hard. I stopped the conscious dieting when my Metformin threw me for a loop, GI-wise. I'm feeling better because of it, though I am still slimming--just a little more slowly this time. I wish you the best of luck in your journey. It's a tough one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking about going on Metformin, I hear it helps with weight loss if you have PCOS or are insulin resistant. But I do hear it can wreak havoc on your digestive track.
    thanks for the encouragement! lets keep ourselves updated on progress since our journeys are so similiar!

    ReplyDelete